Start-ups use DaaS to start their business in the Cloud
Starting a business in the Cloud
Most people can agree on the benefits of Cloud technologies (except for those “server huggers” out there) but some recent experiences have made me realize why anyone starting a new business is in the ideal situation to run their business 100% in the Cloud. Since start-ups aren’t burdened with the choice of “doing things the way they’ve always done them”, they can take full advantage of running their business in the Cloud from Day 1.
Unique business requirements of a Start-up
Start-up businesses are hatched from a great idea, limited funding, and an individual(s) with entrepreneurial spirit. These start-ups have the advantage of being able to turn on a dime and in their first 3 years of business will often change directions several times. Because of this, they have some unique business requirements:
- Limited Capital – most of these businesses are started with limited personal investment which means they need to invest their precious dollars in their business and not the infrastructure to run a business.
- Rapid Changes – in order to adapt and refine their market or business start-ups need to leverage the latest technologies without being locked-in to any technology.
- Rapid Growth – is the goal of most start-ups but their growth is unpredictable. Start-ups need the ability to ramp-up and ramp-down quickly.
- The Fewer Vendors the Better – juggling multiple vendor relationships is time consuming so the fewer vendors providing bundled services, the more time available to focus on the business.
- High Tech image is important – if a start-up wants to look ahead of their competition the latest technology helps them look the part. Tablets and Macs will impress a start-up’s customers more then legal pads and Dell laptops.
Why use DaaS for as a Start-up
Start-ups can benefit in many ways by starting their business in the Cloud using DaaS including:
- No upfront investment for infrastructure – DaaS is an OpEx solution with a pay as you go for what you need model, eliminating sunken capital in servers, hardware, and technical staff.
- Flexibility – to grow as you need more users, with the ability to add and change applications that are hosted as SaaS without long-term lock-ins to specific technologies.
- DaaS is a managed solution – which includes a Windows desktops, basic desktop applications including Microsoft Office, shared and secured file access, hosted Exchange for collaboration, and back-ups managed by professionals. A bundled one vendor approach.
- Any Device Anytime – gives a start-up the ability to use the latest mobile devices while also providing access to the same applications and data from their PC or Mac. Use multiple devices based on your location or preference.
Examples of Start-ups using DaaS
At ICC Global Hosting we have seen numerous examples of start-ups utilizing our DaaS services in industries such as staffing, music distribution, travel agencies, and financial planning. These small businesses have the same unique needs of all start-ups and ICC’s hosted virtual desktops have given these start-ups a bundled solution of services, without any up-front capital investment, and all of the flexibility they need to grow their business. Please feel free to contact us at www.iccglobalhosting.com for more information and good luck with your new business.